UK Income Tax Calculator Description:
Wondering how much difference that pay rise would make in the UK? Use the Income Tax Calculator to work out tax, deductions and allowances on your wage.
Simply enter your gross salary. The calculator will then show you your take home pay and PAYE (Pay As You Earn - A process by which HMRC collects employee taxes directly from the employer).
The UK Income Tax Calculator has been updated with the latest tax rates which take effect from April 2016.
Taking into account:
- Gross income
- Additional allowances or deductions
- NIC exemption
- NIC letter
- Student loan
========== 2016/2017 TAX RATES ==========
* Income Tax Bands:
- Starting rate for savings: 10%, up to £5,000
- Basic rate: 20%, up to £32,000
- Higher rate: 40%, from £32,001 to £150,000
- Additional rate: 45%, over £150,001
* Personal Allowances: the amount of income a person can get before they pay tax.
The Personal Allowance is £11,000. Income limit for Personal Allowance: £100,000. Personal Allowance goes down by £1 for every £2 above the income limit.
* National Insurance rates:
- Between Primary Threshold and Upper Earnings Limit: 12%
- Above Upper Earnings Limit: 2%
* Employers National Insurance contribution rates:
- Between Primary Threshold and Upper Earnings Limit: 13.8%
- Above Upper Earnings Limit: 13.8%
* Student loan: 9% of your income over £17,495 a year.
UK Income Tax Calculator Require:
Require Android 4.0.3 and up
Share UK Income Tax Calculator:
Download UK Income Tax Calculator for Android