The Australian Taxation Office app puts tax and super help in your hand, making it easier for you to conduct your tax and super affairs on the go.
The app has many features, some of which allow you to:
- Capture and classify deductible expenses and trips using myDeductions*and upload them to the ATO to pre-fill your 2016 tax return
- enrol your voiceprint with the ATO. You can then use this to verify your identity when you call us or to log in to our online services for individuals via the app
- Check your payslips or how much tax to withhold for an employee with the Tax Withheld Calculator
- check the progress of your return
- search for an Australian business number (ABN) using ABN Lookup
- watch videos, access checklists and visit SMSF assist for other helpful information for SMSF trustees
- perform a quick assessment of the financial position of your small business using the Business performance check
- access many other tools and calculators.
*GPS can be used to record trips in myDeductions. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The ATO app can automatically send usage data to us to help improve its services. You may choose to turn this off at any time.
If you have any questions or feedback about the ATO app, please email us at [email protected]
. We cannot discuss your personal tax affairs.